25.7.14

Daring Bakers - Surprise Cake

For the July Daring Baker’s Challenge, Ruth from The Crafts of Mommyhood challenged us to bake a cake. But not just any cake; she asked us to add in a special surprise for our eyes as well as our taste buds!

I decided to bake a cake to celebrate my daughter's 4 months old. I chose cupcakes with a heart inside.

First, I wanted a pink cake but without food coloring. Found a good recipe on Pinterest (check recipe below).

Then, I used half of the recipe for strawberry cake and baked one.


Afterwards, I used a heart shaped cookie cutter and prepared several hearts.



Then, I chose a basic vanilla cupcake recipe (check below) and assembled the dough with the hearts.Baked it and voilá!





I loved doing it and I'm sure that I'm going to try other surprise cakes. My husband already gave me a new idea.


0 comentários: